• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Green Card Application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

topple

Virginia!

As my wife and I are currently waiting on the consideration of her J1 Visa Waiver, I am curious that if its approved and aside from the GC application and other forms, what forms would she need to file out in order to be able to leave the US for a brief period during the time her GC is being processed? Also, when would we know that she can then leave the US for a brief period while her GC is being processed?

Sorry if this seems vague...I can clear this up if needed. :)

Last edited:

ImmigAttyLana

Green card application on the basis of what? Marriage to a US citizen? IF so, she will need to first obtain an advance parole travel document after filing the adjustment of status packet in order to enable her to travel internationally while her adjustment of status application is pending.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

topple

So in saying, she can apply for this advance parole travel document at the same time she applies for adjustment of status? And what document would she receiving that verifies, 'Okay, now you are allowed to go while we are processing your PR'?

ImmigAttyLana

Yes, she would apply for the advance parole travel document at the same time as submitting the rest of the AOS packet and once it is approved and issued, this IS the document she would be using to travel internationally while the AOS is pending.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">