• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condominium Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dunncp11

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I have recently purchased a condominium. This condominium has a storage unit included. The previous owner has a deadbolt on the storage unit and has not moved his posessions out of there. Can I charge him a daily rent until he moves his things?

HomeGuru

dunncp11 said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I have recently purchased a condominium. This condominium has a storage unit included. The previous owner has a deadbolt on the storage unit and has not moved his posessions out of there. Can I charge him a daily rent until he moves his things?

**A: what lock and what things?

dunncp11

The lock is on the storage unit that I own and the things belong to the previous owner. I want to know if I can legally charge him rent until he removes those things.

HomeGuru

dunncp11 said:
The lock is on the storage unit that I own and the things belong to the previous owner. I want to know if I can legally charge him rent until he removes those things.

**A: read my response again and this time think harder and more creatively.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

You Are Guilty said:
Oh, I got it! Pick the lock, and then replace every one of his things with exact replicas. Ingenious!

**A: thank you. Now go and advise the writer to read the PA abandoned property laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">