• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo Association Application Approval

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

csyjim33

What is the name of your state? Florida. I just completed a purchase contract with a seller of a condo unit, I am completing the application for board approval. The application ask for buyer and spouse info for background and credit check ie.. ss# DL #, past address, LL's etc.
i am not married, however I live with my fianc'e and she will be moving in with me, My credit is excellent and have no criminal background problems, I would have no problem being approved by the association or a lender for 3 or 4 times the cost of this unit. My fianc'e had some financial and credit problems, eviction 3 years ago. She has no criminal history. My delima is weather to put her on the application as an additional occupant. The condo docs say only relatives, father mother children can occupy the unit. I'm affraid that if they request her ss# and do a credit check on her they my not approve the app. If I own the unit, can they keep me from having someone live with me?

HomeGuru

csyjim33 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida. I just completed a purchase contract with a seller of a condo unit, I am completing the application for board approval. The application ask for buyer and spouse info for background and credit check ie.. ss# DL #, past address, LL's etc.
i am not married, however I live with my fianc'e and she will be moving in with me, My credit is excellent and have no criminal background problems, I would have no problem being approved by the association or a lender for 3 or 4 times the cost of this unit. My fianc'e had some financial and credit problems, eviction 3 years ago. She has no criminal history. My delima is weather to put her on the application as an additional occupant. The condo docs say only relatives, father mother children can occupy the unit. I'm affraid that if they request her ss# and do a credit check on her they my not approve the app. If I own the unit, can they keep me from having someone live with me?

**A: are you sure the project is a condo and not a coop? How is it that the HOA has a right to approve or disapprove a condo Buyer/owner?

csyjim33

condo application

Yes this is a condominium and in the condo docs, they have the right to approve sales,transfers,leases and occupants. I got a good deal on this condo and I don't want to be denied by the condo board, is there anything I can do to convince the board she is a good person?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">