• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage drinkin at bar

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kidcim

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was not sure where to post this under, so i figured this would be sufficient. I was recently caught by four undercover cops at a local bar here in florida for underage drinking. The bartender sold me the beer without asking for I.D. The cops brought me outside and wrote me a citation, and i was just curious if me not having an i.d., and not even being asked for one, makes the bar completely liable, or if i am liable still because i was still underage drinking. Any responses would be appreciated

BelizeBreeze

kidcim said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I was not sure where to post this under, so i figured this would be sufficient. I was recently caught by four undercover cops at a local bar here in florida for underage drinking. The bartender sold me the beer without asking for I.D. The cops brought me outside and wrote me a citation, and i was just curious if me not having an i.d., and not even being asked for one, makes the bar completely liable, or if i am liable still because i was still underage drinking. Any responses would be appreciated
The bar is not responsible for your breaking the law then trying to get out of it by blaming someone else for your stupidity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">