• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skarphill

Please Help! Speed ticket

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I received a speeding ticket today, 43 in a 30. However, the officer put down 45 as the clocked rate, although he did not tell me this. He said 43. He charged me for the 43. Also, I unfortunately did not have my seat belt on. He did not however put this on the ticket. I do not believe I was going above 40 ( I said 35 when he asked how fast I was going). I know I could go to court and contest, ask whether the gun has been calibrated in the last 24-48 hours. But, would the officer bring up that I was not wearing my seat belt (even though he did not mark it on the ticket).
Also, if you know Minnesota laws about the fines at 15 mph over, that would be helpful. I am curious if 10 mph over the limit is a drastically less ticket.
Thanks~

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">