• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong license plate state on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beoliver14

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

My license plate is from Minnesota, but the cop put my license plate as being from North Carolina. Could this invalidate the ticket? If so, how do I bring this up in court? Thanks for the help!

S

seniorjudge

beoliver14 said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina

My license plate is from Minnesota, but the cop put my license plate as being from North Carolina. Could this invalidate the ticket? If so, how do I bring this up in court? Thanks for the help!
The officer has to be able to identify the vehicle he stopped. If he cannot do that, then the ticket would be invalid.

You should bring this up after you plead not guilty, ask for a jury trial, and then have your trial.

If you plead guilty, this will never come up.

Last edited:

beoliver14

Question to Senior Judge

Thanks for the response. Did you mean that I should plead "Not Guilty"? You had said to plead guilty, but it didn't really make sense after reading the next line. Also, my boyfriend and I are arguing about you being a judge. Are you a judge?

Shay-Pari'e

beoliver14 said:
Thanks for the response. Did you mean that I should plead "Not Guilty"? You had said to plead guilty, but it didn't really make sense after reading the next line. Also, my boyfriend and I are arguing about you being a judge. Are you a judge?
Why such a stupid argument? Tell Boyfriend if he is not comfortable with the advice this site offers, he should hire a attorney to tell you the same thing.

Last edited:

beoliver14

To Paridise

No need to get technical on me now Paridise. It wasn't really an argument, it was more of a short discussion. He said, hey, he probably is a judge. And I said, I don't know about that. I just added the word "argument" to spice it up. So, Paridise, perhaps if you don't have anything nice-or helpful-to write, you should not write anything at all. Also, as you can see, I was writing that question to Senior Judge, and not to you.

Can't we all just get along?

beoliver14

To SeniorJudge

Oops, now that I read your reply again, you did say that I should plead "not guilty". My mistake. Thanks again for the advice. Oh, and Paridise, no need to respond to this as it does not pertain to you.

S

seniorjudge

beoliver14 said:
Thanks for the response. Did you mean that I should plead "Not Guilty"? You had said to plead guilty, but it didn't really make sense after reading the next line.
I edited my answer; sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">