• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Article 15 help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ArmyAdvice21

What is the name of your state? Texas.

I am facing an article 15 for being late to duty under Artivle 86 and article 91. I was late for a staff duty day (24 hour duty) and I misunderstood the Sgt on duty due to his accent and missed a meeting with my 1st Sgt. Are there any other cases like this? It was clearly a matter to me of miscommunication but my 1st Sgt thinks I didn't show up out of contempt! Is there any way to prove that I just didn't understand the guy without making it seem like I'm making an excuse? I don't want to undermine the Sgt's authority, but he's from Tennesse or Kentucky or somewhere southern with a strong southern accent. I wasn't raised around people with accents like that, any advice???? :eek:

gphjr

You must have been late to more then one meeting or duty if the 1SG is trying to have the commander give you a AR 15. Is anyone in the squad having the same problem? nextime your not sure tell the SGT to please say again. Do it at the position of parade rest in which should be in anyhow when talking to a NCO. And don't be late again. State your claim at your hearing with the commander and take your punishment like a soldier.

roadiez

Served also

ArmyAdvice21 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas.

I am facing an article 15 for being late to duty under Artivle 86 and article 91. I was late for a staff duty day (24 hour duty) and I misunderstood the Sgt on duty due to his accent and missed a meeting with my 1st Sgt. Are there any other cases like this? It was clearly a matter to me of miscommunication but my 1st Sgt thinks I didn't show up out of contempt! Is there any way to prove that I just didn't understand the guy without making it seem like I'm making an excuse? I don't want to undermine the Sgt's authority, but he's from Tennesse or Kentucky or somewhere southern with a strong southern accent. I wasn't raised around people with accents like that, any advice???? :eek:

I was in the Army @ Ft.Cambell,Ky...The only thing you can do is pleade your case with your Section leader and also tell your 1st Sgt. again what happend...The one good thing is if you haven't been in trouble or too late for roll call and such is it might be just a hand slap like Extra Duty and such. The worse thing would be loss of pay and rank...Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">