• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marrige immigration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fatdeeman

What is the name of your state? My fiance lives in florida

I am going to visit my fiance in under two weeks and we plan to get married.

I will only be in america for a short visit.

We initally planned for us to be married and then for my wife to come to england a little while later for a few years so we could both work and save up and then I would relocate to the usa with her permanently.

However my fiance's mother has suggested I could live with her and my fiance if i was to go and live there right away instead of my fiance coming here for a few years.

I just want to know which way would be best and easiest and most importantly would have us together the fastest.

Would it make it easier for me to settle in the us if we are already married?

How long would it take after we are married for my fiance to be here semi permanently compared to how long it would take me to settle there?

The most important consideration is for us to be together as soon as possible and I thought it would be faster for her to come here first and then we both go back at a later date because as I understand once we are married she could come here quite quickly.

I have a lot to consider such as jobs and of course moving and I thought it might be best if she comes here for now so i can keep working and save and she can work here too.

Because if I go other there it obviously involves me having to find another job and I have a very stable one at the moment.

I hope someone can offer me some advice.

To be honest we were doing fine with the plan we already had and very much looking forward to meeting up and being together but we talked this morning before she went to work and she told me her mothers suggestion to which I immediately got an attitude because I want us to do things our way and also It's a really big deal for me to go there right away.

We were blissfully happy last night but due to my over reaction she has gotten very distressed and upset and I feel terrible and rather stressed too.

I just want to do the best thing and obviously I dont want either of us to be upset ever so I'm in a very uncomfortable position right now, knowing she is upset at work : (

Anyway, I'll stop blabbering for now and see if you guys can offer me anything

Many thanks,

Dave.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">