• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

97/70 first ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asc325is

What is the name of your state? texas

This is my first ticket. No accidents, no parking violations, nothing. No crazy circumstances, no good reason to be driving that fast, although my speedo is a little off (i know this isnt evidence in court). Ticket was issued in Seguin (DO NOT SPEED HERE), and i have to drive an hour to go to court. Since this is my first ticket, is there ANY possibility that i can get the speed lowered (24 or less mph over). If it drops to less than 25 over the speed limit, i can take defensive driving or do derferred adjuadication. I know that people come here to b***h and complain, Im not trying to do either, I just need advice on this ticket. I plan on attending my court date. If the cop (Texas State Trooper) doesn't show up, can the ticket be thrown out?

One more thing, i know that this probably wont help but several things are wrong on the ticket, (model year..race..) small things. :( :( :(

asc325is

And oh yes, I am an eagle scout, but unfortunatly, i dont think this will help me in court unless the judge is also an eagle scout.

asc325is said:
And oh yes, I am an eagle scout, but unfortunatly, i dont think this will help me in court unless the judge is also an eagle scout.
It doesn't hurt if you dressed up Eagle Scout such as polishing Eagle badge shiny. Practice your Scout oath, motto, and slogan in your head to recite everything before judge with your Scout sign.

LOL - I'm also Eagle Scout too.

mikeshoe

Ticket errors

The summary of my research about errors on tickets:

Generally speaking, from research I've been doing, errors are only partially helpful. There are 4 things that can come of citation errors.

1) Nothing. "Typo" style errors and misspells usually are going to fall into this. Repeat: If your last name is misspelled, is the number of doors on your car is miswritten, you can't read the officer's name etc....you don't have enough going to get the ticket tossed out based purely on this type of error.

2) An error or collection of errors that casts a significant doubt as to the identity of the person cited. (ie. your car is a 4dr red sedan and the ticket says a 1/2 ton yellow pickup truck) May be grounds for a dismissal.

3) An error that denies you your significant rights as a defendant, such as errors that prevent you from forming a defense. May result in a dismissal.

4) An error or collection of errors on a citation helps you to create a basis for stating that the officer makes mistakes, made mistakes at the time you were cited and could have been mistaken in issuing YOU a citation. In my opinion this is the only kind of help you can get from a citation error.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">