• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child wants adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

John Galt

What is the name of your state? MIchigan

My 11 yr old is not biologically mine. I have been in her life since 3 months of her life and I am recognized as the father in the divorce papers. I want to adopt her for principle sake but the ex is vehemently against it. Can the ex who is the bio mom be side stepped some way or can the judge over ride her objection? My daughter is all for it.

j g

djohnson

How are you recognized in the papers as father if you didn't already adopt her? Are you paying support? Where is bio dad? Why is mom against it?

J

John Galt

I am recognized as the father due to to the length of time in the child's life. In her life from 3 months of age "til the divorce when she was 6.

Yes I pay support.

Bio dad died before the child was born.

She's a beetch.

j g

nextwife

John Galt said:
I am recognized as the father due to to the length of time in the child's life. In her life from 3 months of age "til the divorce when she was 6.

Yes I pay support.
Dontcha just love it when women have no issue with your right to FINANCIALLY be the father, but are dead set against all the other rights that are SUPPOSED to come along with being dad?

Good luck to you. Are you getting visitation/jt custody now?

J

John Galt

I have visitation and my children and myself want more, the courts when I took it there felt that 4 days a month was sufficient.

My daughter wants my name on her birth certificate, and she uses it now but for principle we both want it on the bc.

Who has to provide the proof that I am/am not the bio dad if I insist that I am?

j g

crystaly

John Galt said:
I have visitation and my children and myself want more, the courts when I took it there felt that 4 days a month was sufficient.

My daughter wants my name on her birth certificate, and she uses it now but for principle we both want it on the bc.

Who has to provide the proof that I am/am not the bio dad if I insist that I am?

j g
Since you are already paying support for the child you are considered the father by the courts so therefore all you have to do is take the mother to family court and ask the judge to order your name be put on the birth certificate and at the same time change the childs name to yours. You do not need to adopt. And she can not claim you are not the father if she already claimed in court that you are. They will think about what is in the best interest of the child and claiming that you aren't the father when the bio father is dead is NOT in the best interest of the child.

J

John Galt

Thank you ever so much for your response.

Family Court it is........

j g

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">