• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

F-1 OPT to part time H-1??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbkal

What is the name of your state?
NJ

Hi i am an F-1 OPT student and currently employed as a systems programmer in philadelphia PA with a salary of $34k. I understand that $34k does not meet the prevailing wage requirement for H-1.

1. Can my employer file for a part time H-1 visa??
2. Can I legally continue to stay in USA on a part time H-1 visa?
3. Can I travel to my home country in future and get a H-1 visa stamped in my passport to facilitate travel??

thanks
sbkal

ImmigAttyLana

You can have a part-time H-1B but also you need to find out exactly what the prevailing wage for this job title is in the geographical area of employment as prevailing wages differ and vary from one locale to another and it may be sufficient for where you are.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">