• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment Authorization Card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anmike

What is the name of your state?
California

Hi everyone, I'm living in California and working under my H1B visa, but I would like to know, if I need an employment authorization card, to work here beside my visa.

Please help me with this, I called a few lawyer and the told different things.

Thanks

ImmigAttyLana

If you are in H-1B status, then that H-1B approval notice IS your employment authorization document to work for that employer. H-1B is employer specific so you can only work for that employer. If you want to work for another employer, that employer must file a new H-1B petition on your behalf before you can start working for that other employer.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

anmike

I-765 Employment Authorization card

Lana, Thank you so much. so I don't need to ask to Immigration to send me that card, with my stamp in my passport its more than enough, right?

anmike

I-765 Employment Authorization card

ImmigAttyLana said:
If you are in H-1B status, then that H-1B approval notice IS your employment authorization document to work for that employer. H-1B is employer specific so you can only work for that employer. If you want to work for another employer, that employer must file a new H-1B petition on your behalf before you can start working for that other employer.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

thanks, Lana, so I don't need the employment authorization card. Its enough with my stamp in my passport, because everyone even me are wondering if I need one.

ImmigAttyLana

Your H-1B approval notice serves as your employment authorization document for your employer that sponsored that H-1B petition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">