• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1B Transfer, 20K Quota. Urgent Assistance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ssahni

What is the name of your state? VA

I am currently on H1-B with company A, a non profit organization. I got a new job with company B, for profit company which is ready to file for the visa transfer. However, since the transfer comes under the cap of 65,000 I need to wait till March 8, 2005 to file for the visa transfer, since I have a US masters degree. Two questions:

1. When can I file for PREMIUM PROCESSING visa transfer under the 20 k qouta? Sources say its March 8, 2005. Is it true or do we need to receive guidelines from USCIS? If yes, when and where do you think the guidelinbes will be posted?

2.Once filed, how soon can I start working with company B?

Thank you for your assistance. Truly appreciate it.

Regards.

ImmigAttyLana

March 8, 2005 is when you can file and you can start working as soon as you have proof of filing from the USCIS. If you are filing for Premium Processing, you will receive a decision within 15 calendar days of the date of filing.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

H1B_Search2005

Quick question about March 8, 2005: This additional 20k quota is only for MS and PhD graduates or does it count towards the existing 65k for FY2005 in order to allow new H1B applications? Thank very much in advance!!!

ImmigAttyLana

Only for those holding a Master's or PhD from a US institution.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">