• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

yes i know...another AWOL/deserter question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mailedfoot

What is the name of your state?CA

hope i dont get grilled for this one...okay here it goes.
ive read the other threads about this topic and got a lot of info. but i guess i need a particular answer to my situation. My situation?: i have been AWOL since august 2004. ive finished OSUT(basic training for infantry soldiers)in march 2004 and afterwards went to airborne school. washed out of airborne school due to injury. afterwards sent to Ft Stewart, Georgia that april where i got assigned to an infantry unit. i worked/trained for 4 months and even got a citation for the job i did during a training excercise. there was no real reason for me to go AWOL... i loved the army... loved the job... loved serving... i guess i just wanted to resolve issues with a fiancee..yes..lame..very lame. i planned to go back fairly quickly... but ended up staying home...now.. im stuck... no job...no money... and worst of all i havnt told anybody! my mom thinks im discharged...now... i know what i have to do...but! HOW DO I DO IT??? i do want to serve again... i want to finish my obligations... i am willing to face the concequences(demotion, paycut, extra duty). I'm in California right now and my place of dutywas in georgia... i have now money for a plane ticket... what can i expect? do i just turn myself into the Marine Corps Air Station across town??

-Chris

lvn4ever

yes i know...another AWOL question

no money no transportation is NO PROBLEM..the military will provide transportation to the site at which they will deal with you. Maybe you will fit the profile for a good "rehab" opportunity and they will let you finish your contract. PLS KEEP US UPDATED!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">