• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

40 in a 30

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

[email protected]

What is the name of your state?
Seattle, WA

I just recieved two tickets, one for 10mph over limit, and other for not having my name on the insurance slip, i borrowed my parents car while mine is getting fixed, anyway, my parents agreed to send a slip with my name on the slip. The last ticket i got, three years ago, was dropped after 6 months through a deferment. My main concern is that my current job requires a clean driving record. Will contacting a good lawyer do any good? Do i need to contact a lawyer? I am guessing the insurance ticket is nothing to worry about, providing i show a slip with my name. Please help. Btw, nice website.

base1001

Since it has been three years since your last ticket, you may ask the court for deversion on the speeding ticket. Possibly an option. They may also have traffic school in you area. Sometimes that is an option. Once you complete traffic school ( If you are eligable) then the ticket will not go on your record. The same would apply to a probationary or diversion program. As for the Insurance cite. You are right usually if you bring proof into the court.. they will take that into consideration. It never hurts to at least get legal advise prior to court to see what programs are sometimes available in your area. Legal councel would be able to answer that. For what it's worth. Not advise. Patrolman/J. Buckner

[email protected]

thanks,

i have contacted a Lawyer and hopefully the charges will be dropped. I have not heard of a traffic school option in the Seattle area. thanks again.

base1001

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">