• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wanting to adopt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stan smith

What is the name of your state? texas
i was wondering if Equitable Adoption or Adoption by Estoppel are legal in texas. heres the situation. My niece hasn't lived with her biological since she was about 3 months old. At that time she was staying with my mother and step-father until the child was about 1 1/2 years old, at that time my sister-in-law was going to give this child to her sister for some unknown reason. My mother and step-father wasn't going to have that happen if at all possible. They got a lawyer and went to court and were awarded guardenship of the child. Since this time both my mother and step-father have passed away and in the wills they wanted guardenship of her to be transfered to my other brother. She went and stayed with him for 4 years and in 2000 he became ill and she has lived with us since that time. My brother that had guardenship of her has just passed away. She has told us numberous times that she feels more like part of the family than anywhere she been before. she addresses us as mom and dad and she considers our children as her brothers. Nows she 15 and we were wondering about this adoption thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">