• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1 Extension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saiseshu

Dear Lana,
What is the name of your state? VA
My GC from was filed in EB3 from NC last november by my future employer. My attorney was advicing me against changing from EB3 to EB2. My 6 yr H1B period is expiring next year. Can I get my H1 extended for my current H1 showing my future employer's receipt?. Ur help in this matter is appreciated.
Thanking You.
Sincerely,
Sai

ImmigAttyLana

Yes, if you have proof of a labor certification filing and you are about to reach your maximum in H-1B status, so long as the labor cert was filed at least 365 days before the H-1B reaches the 6-year mark, you can apply for the 7th year extension.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">