• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

F-1 Student Visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

secretshadow

What is the name of your state? NA

:mad:

I am admitted to California Institute of Technology last year, but my visa applications were rejected twice in China? Now I am studying in Vancouver, Canada. I want to apply for F-1 student visa again this year, because I really want to go to Caltech. Should I apply in Canada or China? Which one will have a higher chance? Although I know both will have a very low chance anyway. Just want to have a try.

ImmigAttyLana

If you are a PRC national, you need to apply in China. If you are a dual citizen or PRC and Canada, then you can apply in Canada as well. What was the reason for the denial? What evidence do you now have to overcome that basis for the denial?

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

just_plain_dum

Many denials for students coming from China are based on "intent to immigrate". So it may be more difficult to prove your intent when you do not apply from your home country, however there is nothing that says you can not apply from Canada.

secretshadow

Thank you very much for your reply, Lana!
Thank you "just plain dum", too.

I'm just a PRC citizen. My F1 visa application was denied because the consulate officer said I went to Singapore to study since I was quite young, so they don't believe I have strong tie to China. I went to high school in Singapore just because I was selected by the Singapore government. It's not really I want to go abroad. But since I made that choice, I have to move on and cannot go back to China for undergraduate study. I have friends who have the same experience like me, also went to Singapore to study for 4 year. But some of them got the F1 visas. So I don't know what else is wrong with me.

From your advice, it seems that it is better to apply in China. Is that right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">