• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GOD send someone to help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercy440

What is the name of your state? IN.
My little brother was charge with traffing in 94, a house was raided and he was said to be caught with an 8ball just at the felony statue, he was released on bond, plead inncent. He also had another issue why on bond where the state was waiting to charge him with another drug case and so he did not go back. The state went ahead and had tried him on the case he was bonded on, without him being there and gave him 30yrs. This was his first offense. That was ten years ago since then my little brother has giving his life to chirst, gotten married and has 4 beautiful childern 3 girls and 1 boy. He says he wont think about turning himshelf in until he make sure his kids finish collage. He has not been in any trouble since, he now works with the young at his church trying to get them to wising up now. This all happen when he was young an dumd, but I want to help him and his family. My question is did the state, step on his rights by trying him while he was not there, Also is there any statue of limition anywhere in this. Is there anything that he can do, or do besided go to jail, or go to jail for 30yrs

rmet4nzkx

He jumped bond, they can try him without being there, your brother is a fugetive. If he was innocent why did he jump bond? Does the church know this? A number of people bedsides your brother can be in trouble for aiding and abetting and harboring a fugetive. Having a bunch if children doesn't give him a free pass and not there is no SOL. How does he support his family?

Shay-Pari'e

davenk said:
wow really helpful info you gave him senior member.
This site is not for helping criminals. This is a law forum. What advice would you give?

Curious minds want to know???????????????

Interesting how this is the only other post you made on this forum.

#19 02-08-2005, 08:58 PM
davenk
Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2005

I think she means the SEEDS , like when you clean weed you clean the stems and seeds out

Last edited:

mercy440

GOD send someone to help, please.

I thought this site was for helping people, period. There are plenty of people who go to jail get out and go back in or people who stay in trouble. No matter what my little brother has never went back to that way of life. He has changed his life for the better and people who know him can tell and it did not take GOD 30yrs to do it, also I know he would never put his pastor in a bad situation of knowing, I believe he feel bad for what he has done and just want to give back by keeping the youth from going thur what he went thur. I just wanted to see if there was anyway I could help him, because I know it has to be hard trying to rise a family with this over his head. I just wanted to see if he could get a second chance at life. If you can help please do?

BelizeBreeze

Your little brother has 30 years to think about his life of crime. It was his decision to involve four other lives in his criminal activity, his choice to run from justice and his choice to never take responsibility for his actions.

If he had faced up to his responsibility, he would have been facing release in the next few years. Instead he has not only screwed up his own life, but that of children.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmet4nzkx

mercy440 said:
I thought this site was for helping people, period. There are plenty of people who go to jail get out and go back in or people who stay in trouble. No matter what my little brother has never went back to that way of life. He has changed his life for the better and people who know him can tell and it did not take GOD 30yrs to do it, also I know he would never put his pastor in a bad situation of knowing, I believe he feel bad for what he has done and just want to give back by keeping the youth from going thur what he went thur. I just wanted to see if there was anyway I could help him, because I know it has to be hard trying to rise a family with this over his head. I just wanted to see if he could get a second chance at life. If you can help please do?
This site is to help people with legal issues, not to help them break the law.
Of course he LIED to his pastor, that is because he is a criminal and that's what criminals do.
You didn't ask how he supports his family, is it comitting crimes or are they on welfare, because he can't legally hold a job because they would return him to jail.
No, your brother hasn't changed, he is still a criminal, he has just found a good place to hide and continue his criminal activities while hurting his family and church!
If you want to do something to help him, turn him in.

HomeGuru

mercy440 said:
My little brother was charge with traffing in 94, a house was raided and he was said to be caught with an 8ball just at the felony statue, he was released on bond, plead inncent.

**A: Good news. After researching the laws, there is no IN law against traffing.
The felony statue is covered with crap from inncent pigeons.

rmet4nzkx

HomeGuru said:
mercy440 said:
My little brother was charge with traffing in 94, a house was raided and he was said to be caught with an 8ball just at the felony statue, he was released on bond, plead inncent.

**A: Good news. After researching the laws, there is no IN law against traffing.
The felony statue is covered with crap from inncent pigeons.
Thanks for doing the research HG! :D
He should run, not walk to the nearest Police department and turn himself in so he can be debriefed and bring a spare pair of pants! ;)

The Occultist

mercy440 said:
My little brother was charge with traffing in 94, a house was raided and he was said to be caught with an 8ball just at the felony statue, he was released on bond, plead inncent. He also had another issue why on bond where the state was waiting to charge him with another drug case and so he did not go back. The state went ahead and had tried him on the case he was bonded on, without him being there and gave him 30yrs. This was his first offense. That was ten years ago since then my little brother has giving his life to chirst, gotten married and has 4 beautiful childern 3 girls and 1 boy. He says he wont think about turning himshelf in until he make sure his kids finish collage. He has not been in any trouble since, he now works with the young at his church trying to get them to wising up now. This all happen when he was young an dumd, but I want to help him and his family. My question is did the state, step on his rights by trying him while he was not there, Also is there any statue of limition anywhere in this. Is there anything that he can do, or do besided go to jail, or go to jail for 30yrs
Even though you may not like the answers you're getting, what they're saying is correct. Your brother jumped bond, meaning he chose not to show up for his own trial, so the court had every right to try him anyways. From a legal perspective, since he did not show up to his own trial, he was not innocent, and that's all the courts need to know. By still not turning himself in, he is a fugitive because he is running away from his sentence. That is another crime he will have to deal with if he ever is caught or turns himself in, which will result in even more jail time. Because he was a criminal who ran away, if he is ever caught, every aspect of his life will be researched because the authorities will have to assume that he continued his illegal practices. Sorry, but your brother is SOL.

S

seniorjudge

Your brother needs to surrender:

But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.

And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.

--Matthew 18:28-30

Some earthly help too:
Standard answer

Here are some hints on appearing in court:

Dress professionally in clean clothes.

Do not wear message shirts.

Don't chew gum, smoke, or eat.

Bathe and wash your hair.

Go to court beforehand some day before you actually have to go to watch how things go.

Speak politely and deferentially. If you argue or dispute something, do it professionally and without emotion.

Ask the court clerk who you talk to about a diversion (meaning you want to plead to a different, lesser charge), if applicable in your situation.

Here are five stories that criminal court judges hear the most (and I suggest you do not use them or variations of them):

1. I’ve been saved! (This is not religion specific; folks from all kinds of religious backgrounds use this one.)

2. My girlfriend/mother/sister/daughter is pregnant/sick/dying/dead/crippled and needs my help.

3. I’ve got a job in [name a state five hundred miles away].

4. This is the first time I ever did this.

5. You’ve got the wrong guy. (A variation of this one is the phantom defendant story: “It wasn’t me driving, it was a hitchhiker I picked up. He wrecked the car, drug me behind the wheel then took off.”)

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=854687#post854687

kat1963

If he's lucky, he'll get a party!
www.courttv.com
In October, Texas judge Faith Johnson welcomed a former fugitive back to her courtroom with balloons, streamers and a cake before sentencing him to life in prison. "We're so excited to see you,” Johnson told the man, who had been convicted in absentia of aggravated assault after he disappeared a year ago. “We're throwing a party for you."

KAT

ihave3sons

HomeGuru said:
**A: are you really an idiot or do you just act like one?
Classy....is this what your thinking when you sit across the desk from your clients? Is posting your idea of charity? Spare us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">