• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please lana reply ....Which of 2 h1's valid & how to change back to h4..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smrithi

Whatis the name of your state? Texas

Hi,
I came to US on H4 in aug 2003(h4 visa stamped until oct 2006). one employerA applied for my h1 & i got my approved h1b in oct 2004. I never worked for that employer(that is i never got paid) .. in sept 2004 another employerB applied for my h1b got approved on feb 2005...

due to my health issues i am not intersted in working ????

I am on leave without pay for employerA(how long can i stay on leave without pay)???is it legal to stay on leave without pay???

so is it ok if i don't apply for status change???as I plan to visit India in sept 2005 & come back on my h4(the one which is stamped in my passport)??

if i have to apply for status change what documents should i submit ??

what are the issues??? i am confused!!!

which visa of mine is valid(whether the first one or second one) as i am not on payroll for both ???

please reply ....i think i am in total mess ?

smrithi

Please reply....my question looks similar to prev..but it is a little different

how should i apply for change os status from h1 to h4???

ImmigAttyLana

You file the application for change of status I-539 with the supporting documentation and requisite filing fee.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">