• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removal of Conditional Status/Separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Teresa613

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MA

I could need some advice:

I got married in the US in July 2002, I am a German Citizen, my husband is an American Citizen. So we are married 2 1/2 years at the moment. But 1/2 year after our marriage, he changed totally.It all started with him being layed off, so I hoped when he finds employment again, things would get better but it didn.t. he came always home late, spent time only doing his hobby etc etc... I tried my best, I accepted it in the hope some day things will clear up, if I try hard. Everything looked fine. I started going with him to his club etc but it didn't help, at home I got always yelled at for every little thing and I felt totally alone as he still came home only at midnight. I got my conditional resident card summer 2003, Around April I have to remove my conditional status from my green card.
But I don't know if I want to be married to him anymore. At the moment it feels unbearable. Friends say I should just go through the process and see afterwards. But by law what is the right thing to do if I want a separation/divorce.
He has his hobby, he says he loves me and I believe him, but I feel like I am not really important in his life and feel very alone. Honestly I don't know what is the right thing with the INS.

How should I proceed so that I can keep the greencard. I came over here in good faith to make it a good marriage - although we have an age difference of 30 years. I was thinking much about it as my boyfriends in Europe were always ~ 20 years older than me and before we decided to marry we didn't talk about his age.

Every advice is appreciated,
Teresa

ENASNI

Therapy

Not legal advice.. and might get stomped for being like "Oprah"

But not being employed brings a man's self-esteem to big lows. We not being
men don't realize how much the cave-man theory is still in effect. He needs to be the MAN! If his hobby is knitting... nevermind... I am so off base.
Try therapy, if you love him.
Lana might help you with the INS stuff.
Good luck

czchick13

Hey girl, I am in very much similar situation as you are. But with the difference that my husband who is the one wanting a divorce. I hope it all works out for you in your favor. Please let m eknow if you get any useful info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">