• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CIS and alimony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Terri7900

What is the name of your state? NJ

If my boyfriends ex buys a house FOR CASH 4 months prior to divorce, shouldn't the house be listed on her CIS? She never filled out a revised CIS and told the judge she had no assets and was broke at the final hearing.
The money she used to buy the house was hidden (from an inheritance) for about 3 years. We found out after the divorce she had the house for 4 months but did not move in until the day after the divorce. She was living in the house they owned jointly which was sold soon after.

Could anything be done to reduce or eliminate the alimony? She has no mortgage and my boyfriend is slowing using his savings to keep up his apartment and bills.

Although she is capable of making $55,000 per year, she quit her job and works part time and says she is going to school to be a nurse.

Terri7900

We think her mother's inheritance. The sister must have been holding it for her, because it wasn't in any of her accounts.
I know he isn't entitled to the inheritance, but we thought that assets had a bearing on the alimony. Since her living expenses are much lower than his since she doesn't have a mortgage to pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">