• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liscense Cancellation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cyrano2u

What is the name of your state? Arizona
My mother retired was driving early morning to the grocery store.
an officer stopped her for having her high beams on.
My mother is elderly and have never been stopped before.
The officer said she was confused, and the DMV requested medical certification,
this we provided.

We would like to request a hearing she has been evaluated, and has never gotten a moving violation in her life.

The DMV is saying we cannot have a hearing.
So how do I get a hearing for my mother
so she can get her liscense back, without having
to go through the whole exam and testing all over again.
Thanks

If indeed the Officer has put in for a re-test for this person then DMV reviews the request form. I have not heard of hearings for retest requests and most likely she will have to retest. Having said that. Call your local DMV Office they will tell you exactly what can or cannot be done. Good Luck. For what it's worth Not Advise. patrolman/J. Buckner

racer72

Why do you not want your mother to be retested? Afraid she will fail? If that is the case, she should not be on the road.

cyrano2u

To racers comment

To racers comment,
no, she takes personal affront to a young overly aggrtessive policeman, who frightened her. Which we stated in our response. She would like to face him. Please do not respond to my post if all you wish to do is spread you hate and anger.
Thank You.

cyrano2u

JOHN BUCKNER said:
If indeed the Officer has put in for a re-test for this person then DMV reviews the request form. I have not heard of hearings for retest requests and most likely she will have to retest. Having said that. Call your local DMV Office they will tell you exactly what can or cannot be done. Good Luck. For what it's worth Not Advise. patrolman/J. Buckner

The officer only asked to have her eyes tested, which she drove down to the DMV and had done. After the all the paperwork was done, the DMV sent a notice to be retested in which it states the "confusion" which she takes umbrage at. My mother is a strong willed independent woman, who wants to have her say. She feels somewhat humilated. Thanks for your input, I will contact the DMV as advised to determine her options thanks again.

racer72

If you construed any hate and anger in my post, you are the one with a problem. I asked a couple of pertantant questions and gave an opinion that the majority of folks would agree with.

no, she takes personal affront to a young overly aggrtessive policeman, who frightened her. Which we stated in our response.
And where exactly in your first post do you state this? You don't. It appears the confusion your mother suffered may be hereditary.

If you thought my first post was hate and anger, you won't like this. Driving is a privelige, not a right. From your prospective, a big mean police officer is harrassing your mother. In the eyes of the police officer, he was looking out for the safety of the citizens of the community. He saw something in your mother that made him feel she should not be on the road. How would you feel if you received a phone call stating that your mother was in a car accident and injured innocent folks. Or worse, severely injures or kills herself. Losing ones driving priveliges can be frightening. To be able to get in your car and drive where you want and when you want is a powerful freedom. And it can be a burden on the children. Before you start slinging arrows at the bringers of bad tidings, you need to step back and take a look at the big picture.

S

seniorjudge

"...The DMV is saying we cannot have a hearing...."

Call the DMV and ask the statute number, the rule number, or other legal authority which says that an order for a retest cannot be contested.

Then post the answer here.

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">