• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wash State Seat Belt Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Divrsity1

What is the name of your state? Washington State

My housemate informs me that he doesn't want to give me a ride in his 1987 Toyota pickup because I can't use the seat belt -- it's not long enough for a person of my "caliber". He thinks he can get a $200 ticket for letting me ride without wearing it. Any case law on requiring the impossible?

First you would be the one to get the citation in most cases. Secondly What do you mean it is not long enough I am not sure I follow you. Most will adjust. If the driver has a seatbelt that is not functioning properly then he can also be cited for defective equipment. Patrolman/John Buckner

S

seniorjudge

Divrsity1 said:
What is the name of your state? Washington State

My housemate informs me that he doesn't want to give me a ride in his 1987 Toyota pickup because I can't use the seat belt -- it's not long enough for a person of my "caliber". He thinks he can get a $200 ticket for letting me ride without wearing it. Any case law on requiring the impossible?
I think housemate has other problems with you besides the seat belt and is using that as an excuse. Have a talk.....

Ok, I am confused. No nothing new However, Could you shed some light on who "They" are and......What or who is " CFR ". Patrolman/J. Buckner :confused:

harbor14

ek9r said:
Washington State Seat belt law is Bunk!

They Fail to site a 6 digit CFR number.
Sorry to bust your bubble; the Washington Supreme Court has already ruled on this issue and decided the RCW as written is constitutional.

racer72

harbor14 said:
Sorry to bust your bubble; the Washington Supreme Court has already ruled on this issue and decided the RCW as written is constitutional.
ek9r's lack of legal knowledge is very apparent in the post he started.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">