• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MA divorce- ? wife pays husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

josephfrancis

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Massachussetts. My wife told me tonight that she is divorcing me. It's a slight surprise. She is the primary wage earner by a large margin and has been for 10 out of the thirteen years we have been married. Through the sale of a house and an inheritance her/our financial situation is good but she says that I don't deserve any money or support due to my much lower earnings over the last few years. Any suggestions?

Tayla

josephfrancis said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Massachussetts. My wife told me tonight that she is divorcing me. It's a slight surprise. She is the primary wage earner by a large margin and has been for 10 out of the thirteen years we have been married. Through the sale of a house and an inheritance her/our financial situation is good but she says that I don't deserve any money or support due to my much lower earnings over the last few years. Any suggestions?
Unless your wife is a judge for divorce court, its doubtful that she can make claim for what will be devied out or if spousal support will be denied. Talk with a divorce lawyer to know what rights you have in this matter.

VeronicaGia

josephfrancis said:
What she thinks you deserve and what a judge orders are two separate things. File for divorce and alimony.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">