• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confuesd and depressed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunandmoon

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Utah.
I'am a 42 year old widow in love with a gentleman of 29 years. We been dating for the past one year and living together for the past six months. I'am in love with him but,he says I can't marry him because I don't make much to sponsor him to stay in the United states. I got a daughter who is two year old and, since my Ex-husband was an American Indian we get $1200/month from the tribal government. I got property worth $35,000 and I don't work because I go to school full time and had to take care of my daughter. He goes to school and earn like $1000/month working part time job.
Is it true that I have to a make a certain amount to marry him?
Is there any way I get married to him so that he can live with me forever?
I'am willing to hire any lawyer who is willing to take up my case and in case if any lawyer is interested,then what will be the fee?
I really love him and don't want to loose him.
I'am in need of serious help. Any one please help me.

ImmigAttyLana

To marry him you do not have to have any particular level of income; to sponsor him for permanent residence in the US, you do have to make a certain income. HOwever, you can also get a joint sponsor who is a US citizen or US permanent resident (any friend or relative) who does make sufficient income and that will be sufficient to sponsor your future husband for permanent residence.

As for attorney fees, different attorneys will charge different things for this type of service, so it is best for you to shop around and inquire.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

sunandmoon

re:confused and depressed to lana

Thanks a lot lana,
I don't have any relatives who will help me but I had heard that I can add his income if he is living with me. is it true?
Since I'am getting from the tribal government can I consider it as a income?
Can I show my property in luie of my income?
Will you take up my case.Incase if you can then how much do you charge?
Thanks once again.

ImmigAttyLana

You can add his income as well, but I suspect you will still be asked to provide a joint sponsor as part of the petition. I am not sure whether the income from the tribal government will satisfy the requirement for the income, but can look into that further.

Please feel free to contact me privately to discuss the other particulars.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">