• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How far can Homeowners Assoication GO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

weanon

What is the name of your state?:mad: What is the name of your state? California

I recently got a quote and product information for new Windows from Sears - I submitted the information in writing to my Homeowners Association for approval. I got a call from one of the Board memebers - he said that they can not approve my proposal as 2 of the windows were not sliders - they were crank outs and that he could recommend another company that would install the slider window.(I gues they don't care about city codes)

I found out from Sears that due to City/County code - I could not have the windows the "Association" wanted without a permit. I called the city and they said all I needed to go with the permit application is a letter from the homeowners stating what they are requiting. I requested this from the Association and they would not give it to me instead they asked for me to attend the next meeting, unfortunely I was not able to attend so I informed them of that - and that I want to do what they want but I need the letter from them - again they asked me to attend the next meeting over a month away.

What rights do I have? I am trying to comply with thier wishes, but they are not helping - I have a feeling that the guy from the association wants me to use his "Company" of recomendation and I do not want to - Sears offers a safer easier way to go - I think he may get kick backs from his Company....
Thanks for any help.

HomeGuru

weanon said:
What is the name of your state?:mad: What is the name of your state? California

I recently got a quote and product information for new Windows from Sears - I submitted the information in writing to my Homeowners Association for approval. I got a call from one of the Board memebers - he said that they can not approve my proposal as 2 of the windows were not sliders - they were crank outs and that he could recommend another company that would install the slider window.(I gues they don't care about city codes)

I found out from Sears that due to City/County code - I could not have the windows the "Association" wanted without a permit. I called the city and they said all I needed to go with the permit application is a letter from the homeowners stating what they are requiting. I requested this from the Association and they would not give it to me instead they asked for me to attend the next meeting, unfortunely I was not able to attend so I informed them of that - and that I want to do what they want but I need the letter from them - again they asked me to attend the next meeting over a month away.

What rights do I have? I am trying to comply with thier wishes, but they are not helping - I have a feeling that the guy from the association wants me to use his "Company" of recomendation and I do not want to - Sears offers a safer easier way to go - I think he may get kick backs from his Company....
Thanks for any help.
**A: you have a right to attend the HOA meetings and resolve the issue. When you attend, present everything in writing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">