• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

14 yr old wants to live with grandparents-situation complicated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jojoontheradio

What is the name of your state? i live in alberta, canada

im a 14 year old female and i want to live with my grandparents because my stepmother is abusive, severely, emotionally and physically. my mom died when i was a youngster, and my dad doesnt want me to go there because his sister, who is the daughter of the grandparents i want to live with, claims my grandpa touched her inapropriatly. i know shes lying and my grandparents want me to live with them. What can i do??? even if shes not lying if he still did stuff like that he would have tried allready, hes had opportunities. im not even allowed to see them anymore. my dad doesnt know what to do and either do i, its to the point where i go to a friends after school and weekends so im never alone with her. to complicate the situation further my step mom fosters 5 children, whom she also abuses. please if anyone has advise for me please send it to my email, ill get it quicker:
[email protected]

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Does your Dad realize that if she's abusing you and the foster kids and he doesn't report it - he could be held as liable as she is?

If there are allegations of abuse (particularly sexual) wrt your grandfather, no court is going to allow you to live there. Dad doesn't have a heck of a lot of choice here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">