• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

K1 visa proof of intent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rtmetro

What is the name of your state? california

i am filling out the forms to get my fiance in the country via a K1-visa. as part of the packet they are asking for original statements from the two of us as well as evidence to establish our mutual intent to marry. what exactly are they looking for here? i want to give them whatever they want to see and hear, but what they are asking for is so open-ended that my version of proof of intent may not be up to par with what they are looking for. any light you could shed on the matter would be much appreciated.

also, assuming this all goes through and we are filling out the I-485 to get her green card, what further proof of the validity of the union are they likely to want to see beyond a marriage certificate? i just want to start gathering together the paper trail and documentation now so when that day comes we are good to go.

ImmigAttyLana

For the K-1, the statement of intent is essentially a statement by both of you (maybe a page in length) explaining the circumstances of your meeting one another and how and why you want to be married, etc.

As for the I-485, at the time of filing, no additional evidence of the bona fides of the marriage are necessary; the evidence will be required at the time of the interview.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">