• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong information on an old tourist visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rtmetro

What is the name of your state? california

my fiance held a tourist visa about a year ago that expired, and she could never get back because they have continually denied her renewal. however, when they issued the visa, they provided her with the wrong birthday on the visa. she never paid any attention until she went to get it renewed. facing the denial of her renewal application by bringing the wrong birth date to their attention and risking them thinking she was lying to them before, she had her passport changed to the bogus birthdate so everything would match. however, she got denied again on the renewal and now they have fingerprinted her and entered this information.

so, now that i want to marry her and bring her in, we want to use the correct dates. but the problem is she has a papertrail of bad dates. what can we do? are better off using the correct passport and claiming they made a mistake when they entered her information wrong, since the wrong date is simply the wrong birth year? would that fly? it seems easier to say it was their mistake since we have a birth certificate and passport with the correct information. please help me out with this one. we want to do the right thing and not get denied on our applications.

ImmigAttyLana

Yes, by all means, use only the correct information and explain the error as being Consulate error in putting down the wrong year of birth. This should not have any impact on her ability to obtain a K-1 visa.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">