• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Careless Driving??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrmoneyloser

What is the name of your state?: Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR 72704)

I was pretty taken aback by this. Maybe I can get some advice on it. I was driving home from work, and decided to change lanes (I was in the right lane of a 4 lane, divided street). I was nearly at a stop, so I put my vehicle in 1st gear, and tried to change lanes. Being new to driving a standard transmission vehicle, I 'spun out' my back tires for a second (not long). I was then pulled over a short time later, and given a ticket for 'careless driving'. Any research I did on the subject looks like it pertains to illegal turns, speeding, running a light, ect. As far as I can tell, I broke no laws. Can anyone give me their thoughts on this?

James

lwpat

Did you check the exact statute number on the ticket? Many cities have a "catchall" careless driving statute that usually has no points, is not reported to the state and does not show on your record.

You would need to call the clerk of court to check on your specific situation.

jrmoneyloser

I was told that it would not appear on my driving record. It's really the $125 fine that I'm worried about. I just don't feel like my actions warrented a ticket, much less a fine for that amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">