• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

you can close my thread but im not done here

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanManK

What is the name of your state?

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=221778
yeah that is the thread that was closed but it is still all relevant, so I am going to keep posting. People are constantly asked for 'all the facts' on this board, such as this exact post by SeniorJudge
seniorjudge said:
I still want the complete set of facts....
So where do you get off telling me to cut my post in half? I have made it so long as to include all the facts. As for paragraphing, this bulletin system do not allow for indentation and paragraphing. Can you not comprehend the information unless it has little breaks in it that really mean nothing? And what editorial comments have I put in there? All of the information included either sets the scenerio, explains, or details the events. Oh and good job pointing out that Coca-cola, Alcohol and tobacco are all legal, yeah I am aware but what I am really discussing here is the principle of the matter. I like how no one bothered to explain why marijuana deserves to be illegal more than these other substances. 'The judge' was just being condescending like he is in many of his other posts. All of the relevant information was there and he chose, rather than to actually help out like this forum is designed for, to critique me. Congratulations 'Seniorjudge' you are officially the most awesome legal forum poster ever. As for pointing out my school, it was only in defense because I was called an 'idiot, crazy, and druggie.' It frustrates me that many of the posters have no interest in helping, even making fun of the people posting.
HomeGuru said:
mercy440 said:
What is the name of your state? IN.
My little brother was charge with traffing in 94, a house was raided and he was said to be caught with an 8ball just at the felony statue, he was released on bond, plead inncent.

**A: Good news. After researching the laws, there is no IN law against traffing.
The felony statue is covered with crap from inncent pigeons.
yeah awesome advice HomeGuru, make fun of people because they make typos, you really are a philantropist. Really I am just sick of the general attitude of society that this board reflects. Just because some people are not intelligent, not wealthy, or just make mistakes does give anyone the right to act better than those who less fortunate. Didnt you mother tell you if you dont have anything nice to post, dont post at all?

BelizeBreeze

Listen kid, you can stomp your feet, hold your breath until you turn blue and otherwise spend your time throwing a temper tantrum and you're still not going to get any help.

Why? Because you can't follow simple directions and you DO NOT order someone on this forum to help you. So whine all you want. Your days of receiving help her are over.

S

seniorjudge

"... 'The judge' was just being condescending..."

You're right there! That's what my wife says and she's never wrong about anything!

Heather2

DanManK said:
What is the name of your state?

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=221778
yeah that is the thread that was closed but it is still all relevant, so I am going to keep posting. People are constantly asked for 'all the facts' on this board, such as this exact post by SeniorJudge

So where do you get off telling me to cut my post in half? I have made it so long as to include all the facts. As for paragraphing, this bulletin system do not allow for indentation and paragraphing. Can you not comprehend the information unless it has little breaks in it that really mean nothing? And what editorial comments have I put in there? All of the information included either sets the scenerio, explains, or details the events. Oh and good job pointing out that Coca-cola, Alcohol and tobacco are all legal, yeah I am aware but what I am really discussing here is the principle of the matter. I like how no one bothered to explain why marijuana deserves to be illegal more than these other substances. 'The judge' was just being condescending like he is in many of his other posts. All of the relevant information was there and he chose, rather than to actually help out like this forum is designed for, to critique me. Congratulations 'Seniorjudge' you are officially the most awesome legal forum poster ever. As for pointing out my school, it was only in defense because I was called an 'idiot, crazy, and druggie.' It frustrates me that many of the posters have no interest in helping, even making fun of the people posting.

yeah awesome advice HomeGuru, make fun of people because they make typos, you really are a philantropist. Really I am just sick of the general attitude of society that this board reflects. Just because some people are not intelligent, not wealthy, or just make mistakes does give anyone the right to act better than those who less fortunate. Didnt you mother tell you if you dont have anything nice to post, dont post at all?
If you want FREE legal advice, you need to play by their rules and do what they tell you to.

DanManK

BelizeBreeze said:
Listen kid, you can stomp your feet, hold your breath until you turn blue and otherwise spend your time throwing a temper tantrum and you're still not going to get any help.

Why? Because you can't follow simple directions and you DO NOT order someone on this forum to help you. So whine all you want. Your days of receiving help her are over.
This completely illustrates my point. You call me kid and describe me doing childish activities. You think that you are some sort of better person than I am, you demean me simply becaues of my age. All of my points are logical, rational, and certainly not part of some sort of tantrum. The returned posts I get that make no sense, are full of fallacies, and completely do not address my arguments. If you want to personify this message board in terms of 'being a kid' people who those write condescending posts would be the 'bullies' Which is fine if you want to bully people but choose a different place to do it or operate under a different guise then trying to deal out advice. People come to for help and their spelling gets made fun of, making fun of their intelligence level. I mean, really, just how adult is that?

LawGirl10

I looked at some of the other statutes, and did find one that may apply for a two lane road, but because I don't work in that state, I cannot determine if the statute is valid for the situation you described. As long as the officer can articulate in court a legal reason for detaining you (and it doesn't have to be just what he discussed with you), the stop was legal.

As to your comment about MJ usage, I could care less that you juse MJ. Whether or not it should be illegal is another issue. The point is that it is illegal and those are the circumstances you will have to deal with.

From what you have explained about the situation of the traffic stop, it sounds legal. If you want to know why he stopped you and if there are any other reasons he stopped you (to determine if the stop was indeed legal), then you need to speak to the officer. After that, you can determine if you have a case for challenging the stop.

DanManK

LawGirl10 said:
I looked at some of the other statutes, and did find one that may apply for a two lane road, but because I don't work in that state, I cannot determine if the statute is valid for the situation you described. As long as the officer can articulate in court a legal reason for detaining you (and it doesn't have to be just what he discussed with you), the stop was legal.

As to your comment about MJ usage, I could care less that you juse MJ. Whether or not it should be illegal is another issue. The point is that it is illegal and those are the circumstances you will have to deal with.

From what you have explained about the situation of the traffic stop, it sounds legal. If you want to know why he stopped you and if there are any other reasons he stopped you (to determine if the stop was indeed legal), then you need to speak to the officer. After that, you can determine if you have a case for challenging the stop.
thanks, could you link me to the statute or list any that may or may not apply.
much appreciated

LawGirl10

DanManK said:
thanks, could you link me to the statute or list any that may or may not apply.
much appreciated
The other one that I saw was 63-3-601. My only question with that is if it would apply to a roadway with two lanes traveling in the same direction or if that statute is just used for regular dual opposing lane roadways. I don't know how they use that statute in their state. My state didn't have a comparable statute that we normally used in that situation so I can't even guess about their statute. And, as I said before, if he observed something else that he didn't tell you about, there could be another statute that applies.

I also saw 63-3-617, but something about the wording in that statute sounds screwy.

Last edited:

DanManK

Thanks so much, what resources are you using to pull these up? Do you know maybe where I can access past court cases from their court of appeals?

DanManK

http://www.mssc.state.ms.us/scripts/isyswebext.exe?op=get&uri=/isysquery/irldbd2/2/doc

This case is nearly identical to mine.

"Couldery changed from the right lane of traffic to the left lane. Trooper Brad Vincent occupied the patrol car, and after Couldery passed, Officer Vincent observed Couldery for a moment as he continued to drive in the left-hand lane. Officer Vincent then pulled out from the shoulder of the interstate and began to follow Couldery. After following Couldery for about thirty seconds, Officer Vincent turned on his blue lights and pulled Couldery over for driving in the left-hand lane."

Same reason I got pulled over. Then this fellow was asked to search, he didnt give consent and the dogs came. The officers then got probabe cause and searched the car finding controlled substances. This fellow appealed it and this is the decision reached:

"Mississippi Code Annotated Section 63-3-611 (Supp. 2003).

12. The Mississippi Attorney General's Office issued an opinion in October 2002 addressing sections 63-3-601 and 611. Citing Alexander v. Graves, 178 Miss. 583, 173 So. 417, 420 (1937), the opinion considered the "conditions at the time of [the statutes'] enactment, the evil to be avoided, and the necessary effect produced by the statute." MS AG Op., Blakney (October 11, 2002). The Attorney General opines that "given the exclusive existence of two lane highways in the state at the time the statutes were enacted, it is apparent that the intent of the legislature was to address dangerous driving conditions on two lane highways." Id. The Attorney General further opined that driving in the left-hand lane of a four lane highway does not violate either statute. This Court is inclined to agree.

13. After a review of the cases addressing 63-3-601, this Court finds that Couldery's actions in driving in the left lane of the right half of the interstate highway did not constitute a criminal offense as contemplated in the statute. Furthermore, section 63-3-601(4) exempts roadways "designated and signposted for one-way traffic." Even if the legislature intended to include the interstate highway within the purview of section 63-3-601, the interstate highway is clearly a roadway that is designated and signposted for one-way traffic, and therefore traffic on the interstate would fall into the exception enumerated in 63-3-601(4). Accordingly, this Court finds that the traffic stop was not valid. "

I was pulled over under very similar circumstances (on a highway with 2 lanes going in each direction), if not the same. Thanks for the link, this is going somewhere.

LawGirl10

DanManK said:
Thanks so much, what resources are you using to pull these up? Do you know maybe where I can access past court cases from their court of appeals?
Use Findlaw. http://www.findlaw.com/casecode/

and then look for state statutes.

Edit: I see that you already have a link. It sounds like you need to nail down exactly why you were pulled over. Don't just depend on what was said to you at the scene.

Last edited:

DanManK

How do I go about requesting the evidence against me? This probably differs from state to state but I just need a general idea, do I need to file any paper work or is there a specific person to contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">