• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discharged from Military

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

macpro904

What is the name of your state?Fl
I was recently discharged from the Air Force on a medical discharge. The medical reason is that i am believed to have a personality disorder. This is in no way true. I was diagnosed by someone who was not even certifed to lable me this. So the military lawyer asked for a re evaluation. We wanted it to be done at a DIFFERNET loacation. We were denied and the reelvauation was done by another doctor in the same clinic. This elval lasted for about 10 minutes. Im no doctor but thats not long enogh to do a complete disogstic. Well this doctor agreed with the first doctor and said that i did have a personality disorder. My lawyer was outraged at this. The reason he says that the doctor agreed with the previous doctor because he didnt want to discredit the other doctor to whom he works for and it also didnt help that the doctor who gave me my first results was going before a board for promotion. What should I do?

rmet4nzkx

macpro904 said:
What is the name of your state?Fl
I was recently discharged from the Air Force on a medical discharge. The medical reason is that i am believed to have a personality disorder. This is in no way true. I was diagnosed by someone who was not even certifed to lable me this. So the military lawyer asked for a re evaluation. We wanted it to be done at a DIFFERNET loacation. We were denied and the reelvauation was done by another doctor in the same clinic. This elval lasted for about 10 minutes. Im no doctor but thats not long enogh to do a complete disogstic. Well this doctor agreed with the first doctor and said that i did have a personality disorder. My lawyer was outraged at this. The reason he says that the doctor agreed with the previous doctor because he didnt want to discredit the other doctor to whom he works for and it also didnt help that the doctor who gave me my first results was going before a board for promotion. What should I do?
Be thankful you got a medical discharge rather than punishment and a dishonorabe discharge for what ever criminal or inappropriate activity in which you were involved. Your games won't fly here either.

rmet4nzkx

buffjohn2 said:
Instead of helping the kid, why do these guys give rude remarks? Good luck kid.
You're just upset that they got a psych discharge and you didn't.

I'm not the one who did what they or you did, but for OP the psych discharge is better than what they might otherwise face.

buffjohn2 said:
I was in the Air Force and now reside in Washington State. I was found guilty 2 years ago at a special court-martial for a lesser included offense of possession of ecstasy. My state defines this as a grosss misdemeanor. I want to know what this offense will say in a criminal background check. What does it say in my state or federal background check? I've heard it just says UCMJ violation. What's the official wording?

Also, I used up all my appeals while I was in the military. Does the president grant pardons on a regular basis? The military ruin young men lives. My conviction is the only error in my life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">