• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are grandparent's right?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mlou

What is the name of your state?ca
My daughter & I live in Ca and her father & his family live in NC. Her father does not pay child support, has not come out to visit since May 2002, sent occasional packages for holidays & birthdays, and would call whenever it suited him. Now that my daughter & I have moved to a new home, I have not provided our information to him or anyone in his family. I had started a child support case back in 2003 and they are still trying to locate him. They have all our information & I've informed my daughter's family that all he needs to do is to step up to the plate and we could begin the process of resolving things.
I do not want to keep my daughter from him or his family, but I feel like I need to do what's right for my daughter. I feel that if he's going to be in her life, he needs to be in it 100%, and that his family should be pushing him to do that. This not about me & him or me & his family. This is about my daughter.
Any responses? :(

Last edited:

BL

Yes , go back to Child support forum and read the responses .

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=222214&goto=newpost

You are a piece of cake ..... So you and only you take it upon yourself to dictate the Laws . What a Joke .

As for CS , he said he sent it . For all you know he could be right . Mistakes do happen on filing out documents , including M/O's .

And what does this all have to do with grandparents rights ?

BelizeBreeze

mlou said:
What is the name of your state?ca
My daughter & I live in Ca and her father & his family live in NC. Her father does not pay child support, has not come out to visit since May 2002, sent occasional packages for holidays & birthdays, and would call whenever it suited him. Now that my daughter & I have moved to a new home, I have not provided our information to him or anyone in his family. I had started a child support case back in 2003 and they are still trying to locate him. They have all our information & I've informed my daughter's family that all he needs to do is to step up to the plate and we could begin the process of resolving things.
I do not want to keep my daughter from him or his family, but I feel like I need to do what's right for my daughter. I feel that if he's going to be in her life, he needs to be in it 100%, and that his family should be pushing him to do that. This not about me & him or me & his family. This is about my daughter.
Any responses? :(
Yes, I have a response for you. But you wouldn't like it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">