• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

equality

What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania

I have been on workers compensation for a year and two months, and recently had back surgery. I am very weak and in pain all the time. SSD has not granted me with any assistance yet. I have 2 children and a wife and I need the help from SSD. I have filled out all the paperwork, What do I do?

BL

Are your Dr's. stating you can not work for at least 12 months or longer ?

Have you submitted your application for disability ?

That would be the first steps .

tigger22472

If you have done the steps that were asked the only thing left is to wait. SS is NOT a fast process. It takes many people years to qualify. To be honest with all the things going on now in the government surrounding SS I would not be the least surprised to find it even harder to get now but the only thing you can do is be patient.

bjl1105

The average processing time for an SSDI application is three to six months. If your application has been pending for more than six months I would suggest the following;

1. Call your local social security office and ask to speak with the claims representative handling your application and request status. If you are unhappy with their response go to suggestion #2.

2. Call the adjudicator at the Disability Determinations Service and ask for status on the claim (you can get this phone number from the rep at SSA in #1). If you are unhappy with their response go to suggestion #3.

3. Call your local Congressperson to request assistance in getting a satisfactory answer from either #1 or 2 above! Congressional interest in a case makes everyone take a second look at what is going on. ;) Don't abuse this privledge. Take steps 1 & 2 first. :)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">