• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Art. 120, 125, felony?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PAemt

What is the name of your state? PA

Great Resource & thanks for all posted advice.

Here's my situation: Found guilty by USAF at GCM held in Germany back in 1991 for my actions with two minors (dependant daughters) both on and off base. I was 20-21, they were both fifteen. The sex was more than consensual in that they both agressively pursued physical relationships, no excuses on my part though, I pled guilty to keep them from being forced to testify and rec'd a sentence of 18m confinement and a BCD.

Fast forward to 2005: I'm married to one of the "victims" (we've been together since my release and have two great kids) and have managed to avoid any real trouble associated with my courts-martial or discharge besides a very strained relationship with my in-laws and being denied enlistment in the PA ArmyNG in 1999. I've held the same job since my release in 1992 and when asked about prior convictions, I've always stated No mostly because about eight years ago I adopted my oldest son (she got pregnant while I was incarcerated) the lawyer that handled everything told me that a military conviction is "more of an administrative thing." The judge didn't have any problems at the adoption hearing, several state background checks have been clean and most people just laugh when they hear the story.

Here are my questions:
1. Am I lying?
2. I'm not trying to get any secret clearance, but I am a youth coach, referee, and EMT, all of which I've stated No for convictions.
3. PA has a Megan's Law -- Am I wrong for not contacting the state with my situation?

Last edited:

badapple40

PAemt said:
What is the name of your state? PA

Great Resource & thanks for all posted advice.

Here's my situation: Found guilty by USAF at GCM held in Germany back in 1991 for my actions with two minors (dependant daughters) both on and off base. I was 20-21, they were both fifteen. The sex was more than consensual in that they both agressively pursued physical relationships, no excuses on my part though, I pled guilty to keep them from being forced to testify and rec'd a sentence of 18m confinement and a BCD.

Fast forward to 2005: I'm married to one of the "victims" (we've been together since my release and have two great kids) and have managed to avoid any real trouble associated with my courts-martial or discharge besides a very strained relationship with my in-laws and being denied enlistment in the PA ArmyNG in 1999. I've held the same job since my release in 1992 and when asked about prior convictions, I've always stated No mostly because about eight years ago I adopted my oldest son (she got pregnant while I was incarcerated) the lawyer that handled everything told me that a military conviction is "more of an administrative thing." The judge didn't have any problems at the adoption hearing, several state background checks have been clean and most people just laugh when they hear the story.

Here are my questions:
1. Am I lying?
2. I'm not trying to get any secret clearance, but I am a youth coach, referee, and EMT, all of which I've stated No for convictions.
3. PA has a Megan's Law -- Am I wrong for not contacting the state with my situation?
1. Yes, you are lying, it is considered a felony under PA law.
2. Bad.
3. Yes, you are.

But, if you haven't gotten caught, well, maybe the OSI types didn't put you in NCIC and you've slipped through the cracks. I can't advise you to break the law... but you should certainly think about all implications before "turning yourself in"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">