• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandmother keeps "butting" in

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HI mom

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Hawaii

My husband and I are currently going through a divorce right now. The day I left, his mother moved in with him and took over my "wifely" duties in the house. We have a 3 & 4 yr old. The problem now is that I am trying to agree with my ex as to the "rules" for our children while they are with either me or him. Since he won't take off of work to pick up or care for his children when it is his weekend with them, his mother does everything for him. I disagree with her family values/morales and have asked her to try and implement my values while my children are with them. She absolutely will not do anything that I ask and says that there is nothing I can do about it. She and he will not discipline our children for the duration that they are there and I get stuck with "reprogramming" them when they come back to my house. She is basically telling me that I have no right on telling them how to raise my children. What can I do? Someone told me to get a TRO on her. Could this be a case for a TRO? There are many more problems besides this that I am currently going through with her. She is definately trying to get in to a situation that isn't hers to get into. I need help or I'm going to go crazy.

Thanks in advance...

tanksbabygurl88

hey

dont worry i would be so pissed!! my mom would probably be like your exs mom (i cant tand her) if yah need someone to talk to im here!!!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Unless you can prove that she is a DANGER to the children, Dad's allowed to spend his time with the kids any way he likes - and with anyone. Just as he has no say in how you spend your time with them.

BL

. Since he won't take off of work to pick up or care for his children when it is his weekend with them, his mother does everything for him.
Does the Court order give her the authority to pick them up ?

If not grandma isn't really in control is she ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">