• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

awol iraqi freedom veteran

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

awolscout

What is the name of your state?California
i joined the army march 2003 graduated basic and ait as a 19d cavalry scout went on enitial leave reported to my new duty station then was deployed to baghdad iraq in september 2003 and was engaged in several multiple hour fire fights in both al kut kufa and najaf and was redeployed to the states after 10 months in july 2004 then recieved 30 leave went home then after leave returned to my post 2nd acr in louisiana once i got there everything i had been through caught up with me and after about 10 days i went awol when i got home i saught out a psychological examination from a civilian and was diagnosed with ptsd personality disorders and nos depression etc.
i have been home for 6 months and have my psych evaluation what are the steps i need to follow and what should i expect to happen to me once i turn myself in?

rmet4nzkx

You can turn yourself in at any US military base, police station or perhaps since you are looking for psych discharge, VA hospital, it varies as to what will happen, but better sooner than later, better to turn yourself in than get caught.

awolscout

need a bit more info

thank you for the reply but i have already learned these facts through the gi hotline who thought my case was unique.i would also like to add when i went awol i also knew i would be moved to washington and recieve specialized training on the strykers and would not be returning to iraq or any combat zone till atleast 2008 and i could deal with my problems while in iraq but it was the state side army that brought my problems to the surface. if i could have served the remainder of my enlistment in iraq i believe i would have stayed in.note that i joined after we went into afghanistan and was in basic reception while we took baghdad.again thank you for your time and god bless
right now i just want to deal with my issues and start my life again

Shay-Pari'e

awolscout said:
thank you for the reply but i have already learned these facts through the gi hotline who thought my case was unique.i would also like to add when i went awol i also knew i would be moved to washington and recieve specialized training on the strykers and would not be returning to iraq or any combat zone till atleast 2008 and i could deal with my problems while in iraq but it was the state side army that brought my problems to the surface. if i could have served the remainder of my enlistment in iraq i believe i would have stayed in.note that i joined after we went into afghanistan and was in basic reception while we took baghdad.again thank you for your time and god bless
right now i just want to deal with my issues and start my life again
You were deployed back to the states for a reason, you then went AWOL.

awolscout

i came to this forum for a reason

i tried to get advice from people that might have an idea what i was up against instead i got a ton of crap from the two that responded i would also like to note that any person who makes it through even basic training has achieved a monumental task and should be proud (not that basic is hard) these people deserve respect for going i see no draft in effect so all you jack asses who are calling people **** bags who went awol are un patriotic parasites when these men and women give up so many constitutional rights to serve this nation you couch potatoes all you soldiers in here awol ,deserters ,retired, active we are what keeps this nation great by our sacrifices i had two close friends die in iraq and because of that and what i went through i understand what veterans day is all about
scout out hooah

awolscout said:
i would be moved to washington and recieve specialized training on the strykers and would not be returning to iraq or any combat zone till atleast 2008
The stykers are deployable, I used to be in the 2nd ID 3rd brigade, 1/14 cav
and i still know some people that are there, and they just got back from Iraq. i dont know where you can up with 08 but the dateline was once farther away for deployability, but it got jumped forward

rmet4nzkx

Don't pull that attitude with me, I answered your question including how to best turn yourself in if you are looking for a psych discharge. Although, I think you have an attitude problem as opposed to psych problem. No I'm not serving in the military, however I did work for them when younger and both sons served, 1 is currently in Iraq and also served in Bosnia.

Shay-Pari'e

awolscout said:
and **** you you insensitive bitch
Bite me! I was in Madrid and hubby in Iraq during Desert shield/Storm. My husbands best friend was taken POW when his F16 stationed out of Haun was shot down.(Thats where we were stationed when he deployed over)

My father was a full bird colonal and served three tours in Nam as a forward controller, (Do you even know what that is?).

I am a military brat, and my family has done it's time without EVER going AWOL I may add.

I'm sure the soldiers you are supposed to be standing next to are relieved you are not the one catching their back. YOUR SPINELESS!

badapple40

Paradise: the proper word is "you're" not "your." Your is a possessive pronoun, while "you're" is a contraction for you are.

As for the OP:

Better get down to the VA hospital and start getting things documented or you could be in big trouble -- like a missing movement charge under the UCMJ.

To everyone else:

A bit more sensitivity to the crazies. Lets give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are loony and thats why they deserted, rather than simply going off the deep end on them.

rmet4nzkx

badapple40 said:
Paradise: the proper word is "you're" not "your." Your is a possessive pronoun, while "you're" is a contraction for you are.

As for the OP:

Better get down to the VA hospital and start getting things documented or you could be in big trouble -- like a missing movement charge under the UCMJ.

To everyone else:

A bit more sensitivity to the crazies. Lets give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are loony and thats why they deserted, rather than simply going off the deep end on them.
Excuse me! When you say "everyone else" I told them to turn themselves into the VA hospital 3 days ago in the first response and they turned their attitude on me. They were not actually considering the advice, but reacting without reason, perhaps a sign of their problems but the attitude is not consistant with their claims of psychological disability, more consistant with malingering.

Shay-Pari'e

badapple40 said:

As for the OP:

To everyone else:

Excuse me BA, he called me a bi***, and assumed we knew nothing of the military life.

Thanks for the English lesson.

awolscout

you have no idea who you are talking to!

for one i give a **** about a full bird colonel officers generally care more about their career than a soldier and two desert storm lasted how many days oh yeah and iraqi freedom has lasted about 2 yrs so NOTE I TAKE NO RESPECT FROM ANY SOLDIER WHO SERVED! and the reason i left was to not cause bodily harm on anyone i served with and calling me looney is a big mistake oh yeah and you shouldnt judge anyone by your families" Perfect HISTORY" (the upmost sarcasm to you)
but if there are any people who would like to lend some heplful advice i check this often
and to the soldiers awol active veterans thanks for your time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">