• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OPT student should have Form I-797 A??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbkal

What is the name of your state?
NJ

1. I got form I-797 C notice of action which states that USCIS has received my request for application of OPT processing. It has a receipt no# and a receipt date of April 20th 2004.

2. Received EAD for OPT in June 2004 and started working.

My Concern:
I havent received any formal approval of notice of action form I-797 A which would contain a new I-94 card?? Should I have this??

If yes, what should I do now to get form I-797 A notice of action? Can I file for H-1 in march 2005? Your advice would be appreciated.

ImmigAttyLana

No, you do not get any notice of action. The EAD is your proof of authorized stay in OPT. You can apply for the H-1B on March 8 only if you hold a Master's or PhD from a US college or university.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

sbkal

thank you lana. I greatly appreciate your service that might help others too who read your forum.

sbkal

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">