• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I raise child dupport retroacively

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clahrs

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

I have had a court decided child support decree several years ago. Costs have gone up, situations have changed since then. I have not raised it or reviwed it since. Can I have it adjdusted retroactively now?
Can I collect now for underpayments in the past years?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Generally, it's only retroactive to the filing date. And..... *you* cannot raise anything - only a judge/CSE can.

rmet4nzkx

clahrs said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

I have had a court decided child support decree several years ago. Costs have gone up, situations have changed since then. I have not raised it or reviwed it since. Can I have it adjdusted retroactively now?
Can I collect now for underpayments in the past years?
You should really put all your questions together, but you will have to file for modification, but if that modification is due to the litigation then you will have to consult with yout attorney re the specifics. A modification in child support is not generally retroactive, however, the court may consider the facts in your case.
clahrs said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA !!!!

My daughter was hit and injured crossing a sidewalk by an uninsured driver. We are claiming with our uninsured driver policy(STATE FARM). We have several cars insured. The limit on each car is $25000 per injured and $50,000.00 per incident.
I think that me and my daughter have a claim, since I was present and nearly hit. I had the trauma.

Can one in California claim for this incident on several policies("stacking" of policies)?

Also, can my exhusband have any claim to his daughter's settlement to recover his expenses(his health insurance for my daughter covers only 80%).??
He now says that he will not pay his share of medical expenses(50%) since we are going to be reimbursed by the settlement.

Randall Somer

Could decrease child support too...

:eek: Has the income of the absent parent changed. If not, you may not get a Judge to increase child support and if absent parent's income has decreased child support could be decreased. Sometimes having a good working relationship with the absent parent is worth more than money...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">