• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA, FHA regulations of flooring: No pergo?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yukaze

What is the name of your state? California (CA)

My Homeowner's Association (HOA) claims that their CC&R restrictions on flooring stem from Federal Housing Administration (FHA) requirements. The CC&R's require padding and carpetting in all areas of the house (except bathrooms, kitchen, and entryway).

The HOA claims it is part of the FHA's oversights, which are intended to prevent the condominium project from becoming a "slum".

Does the FHA really prohibit Pergo brand wood-laminate flooring, and/or hardwood flooring? Can the FHA grant an exemption that would over-ride the HOA requirements?

Thank you for your help!

HomeGuru

yukaze said:
What is the name of your state? California (CA)

My Homeowner's Association (HOA) claims that their CC&R restrictions on flooring stem from Federal Housing Administration (FHA) requirements. The CC&R's require padding and carpetting in all areas of the house (except bathrooms, kitchen, and entryway).

The HOA claims it is part of the FHA's oversights, which are intended to prevent the condominium project from becoming a "slum".

Does the FHA really prohibit Pergo brand wood-laminate flooring, and/or hardwood flooring? Can the FHA grant an exemption that would over-ride the HOA requirements?

Thank you for your help!
**A: you have not asked a legal question. And what did FHA tell you when you called them and asked the question? And did you actually read your CC&R's and found the clause that prohibits pergo flooring?

iachella

Did you find out anything more about your HOAs CC&Rs? How about the FHA reasons? I have a similar problem and wanted to find our your updates.

Stefano in Concord, CA

HomeGuru

iachella said:
Did you find out anything more about your HOAs CC&Rs? How about the FHA reasons? I have a similar problem and wanted to find our your updates.

Stefano in Concord, CA

**A: this is an old post from back in February.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">