• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Detained Affidavit of Support ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mark8Man79

What is the name of your state? MA

I'm thinking of signing an Affidavit of Support for a detainee who entered the country illegally. My question is, could I have any legal or other problems because of this. I know that the Affidavit states that I will provide food, shelter, etc. until a court date. Basically, I don't know how long this person will actually be staying with me, but they are definately planning on going to court and what-not. I don't know anything about this, so any information would be very appreciated.

Mark8Man79

Hello? I really need some information about this. Please help me if you know anything. I want to help this person get out, but I don't need a good deed to bite me in the butt afterward.

edwards1021

The (affidavit of support) is confusing , the I-864(affidavit of support) states the sponsor will pay for means tested benefits etc. etc. Does anybody know what the costs could really be on everything if the person being sponsored decides to sue the sponsor or basically be a bumb and let the means tested public benefits agencies and who knows what else support them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">