• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation Of Civil Rights???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrHandy

What is the name of your state? New York

My dear estranged wife lied to a family court judge in order to get a stay away order of protection against me barring my ability to go home and/or get my personal belongings. At the trial for the charges, she dropped the complaint against me but during the interim filed for divorce.
Have my civil rights as protected under the 14th amendment been violated?

TIA

CdwJava

MrHandy said:
What is the name of your state? New York

My dear estranged wife lied to a family court judge in order to get a stay away order of protection against me barring my ability to go home and/or get my personal belongings. At the trial for the charges, she dropped the complaint against me but during the interim filed for divorce.
Have my civil rights as protected under the 14th amendment been violated?
No.

If she lied to the court and you can prove that, you may have a cause of action against her, and the court or the DA might be persuaded to take action. But the state is not likely ot be liable in any way.

- Carl

ranimal

Two things....

First, she can't use constructive abandonment if she had you removed from the home with the order of protection no matter how it was obtained!!! Secondly....if the order was taken out under false accusations...fight it !!! Because if you don't the court will take the position that you were okay with it.

ShyCat

Today 12:29 PM ranimal
First, she can't use constructive abandonment if she had you removed from the home with the order of protection no matter how it was obtained!!! Secondly....if the order was taken out under false accusations...fight it !!! Because if you don't the court will take the position that you were okay with it.
ranimal, please do not necropost. This thread is over 3 1/2 years old!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">