• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US citizen married to illegal immigrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mosteph

What is the name of your state? Virginia

My friend, who is a US citizen, recently married a man who came here without inspection from El Salvador just under 180 days ago. He is going to return to El Salvador before the 180 days are up. She will then file her form I-130 and then I-129 for him to request a K-3 visa. How long does it take to get the evidence of submission of the I-130 so she can file the I-129? Any idea who long it will take for him to be able to return to the US? Is there any advatage to her staying in the US while the forms are being processed? Will she have to provide tax records to show that she can support him (and therefore should stay in the US to earn money?) Is there any problem with him getting on an airplane in the US to fly back home to El Savador? I presume that immigration will not stop him from leaving, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">