• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alimony/Cohabitation in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DonnaJayne

Ending Alimony/Cohabitation in Florida

Florida laws
I am seeking information on the Ending Alimony/Cohabitation laws in Florida. I recently heard that there has been a bill being presented to the Senate concerning this law on Friday February 04, 2005.

Did this law pass and how long will it be before we know anything else about it, nothing else has been on the news since first hearing about it.

Appreciate all help!

Thanks,
DonnaJayne

Last edited:

Skigator80

Cohabitation in Florida

I got this off the Florida senate page. This bill, #S-152 is going in front of the Judiciary for review on 23 Feb. It is my guess that they will vote on the bill then. 02/15/05 SENATE On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/23/05, 2:00 pm, 401-S

Senate 0152: Relating to Alimony ------------------------------------------------------------------

S152 GENERAL BILL by Siplin
Alimony; defines term "de facto marriage"; requires court to terminate
payment of alimony if there is competent, substantial evidence to show
that recipient former spouse is cohabitating with person of opposite sex
outside of legal bond of matrimony. Amends 61.046,.14. EFFECTIVE DATE:
Upon becoming law.
11/16/04 SENATE Filed
12/03/04 SENATE Referred to Judiciary
01/31/05 SENATE On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/09/05, 2:00 pm, 401-S
--Temporarily postponed
02/15/05 SENATE On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/23/05, 2:00 pm, 401-S

Bill Text
Version: Posted: Format:
S 0152 11/16/2004 Web Page | PDF

totsinma

FL Cohabitation Bill

undefinedHave you heard any news regarding this bill? Do you know if it has been passed? Any information you can give me regarding this is greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">