• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terminated rights reversed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Inwisonsin77

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
Ok, I will try to simplfy this.
My husband signed of on his parental rights about 2 years ago. He was not comfortable with doing this and has since regreted it, but he thought he was doing what was right for the child. The Bio mom was and had been married to adoptive dad for 5 years, owned a home and both had well paying jobs. I know he should not have done it in the first place (sign off rights) but he did and we are wondering if there is anyway possible to try to get some sort of visitation. Bio mom would not allow any visits to Bio dad since her birth. The child is now 12 years old, bio mom and adoptie dad are divorced, and bio mom is facing 7 felony counts of theft and forgery. Adoptive dad is not happy about paying support for a child that is not his. So my question is can we get any visitations, step in anyway? I know probably not but is there anything we can do?

S

seniorjudge

Pa has no more rights to see the kid than I do.

The only way to get any kind of visitation is if his parents allow it.

Inwisonsin77

Thank you fr your reply, I did not think so. He is going to call BM and see if something can be worked out, just so he can get to know the child. We will see what happens.

S

seniorjudge

Inwisonsin77 said:
Thank you fr your reply, I did not think so. He is going to call BM and see if something can be worked out, just so he can get to know the child. We will see what happens.
You're welcome and good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">