• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what are my rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crickette22000

I live in Arizona; I have a grandson that I have helped raise. His mother has a drug problem. Since she cant care for him at this time, she has let his father keep him. His father is married and his wife does not want my grandson to visit me. I took my grandson to see his mother and when he went back to his fathers house, he was defiant after being home for a few days. Now they are saying the reason he was defiant , was because he saw his mother. I know that his father and stepmother have had problems with my grandson in the past with several issues that had nothing to do with him seeing his mother. I feel they are using my takeing him to see his mother as an excuse to keep me from having visitation with my grandson. I am 73 years old and love my grandson. Please tell me what to do.

LdiJ

crickette22000 said:
I live in Arizona; I have a grandson that I have helped raise. His mother has a drug problem. Since she cant care for him at this time, she has let his father keep him. His father is married and his wife does not want my grandson to visit me. I took my grandson to see his mother and when he went back to his fathers house, he was defiant after being home for a few days. Now they are saying the reason he was defiant , was because he saw his mother. I know that his father and stepmother have had problems with my grandson in the past with several issues that had nothing to do with him seeing his mother. I feel they are using my takeing him to see his mother as an excuse to keep me from having visitation with my grandson. I am 73 years old and love my grandson. Please tell me what to do.
His mother has a drug problem. Clearly his father doesn't want the child around the mother as a result. There may even be court orders to that effect. Taking the child to see his mother was probably a mistake....particularly if you did it behind his back.

If you admit that you were wrong to do that, and promise not to do it again the father may relent.

Otherwise, my advice would be to help mom clean up her act, and get sober, so that mom can once again have visitation with her child and you can see the child during mom's time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">