• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption Reversal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bunky12699

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Michigan

About 5 years ago I signed off my rights to my daughter, then my ex's husband adopted my daughter, Now my ex and her husband have divorced, They have had problems with the girl and she was sent to couseling and she told the Couselor that she wants to see me and my new daughter, My ex is wanting to bring her here to visit...

Is there a way to reverse the Step parent adoption??

VeronicaGia

Bunky12699 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Michigan

About 5 years ago I signed off my rights to my daughter, then my ex's husband adopted my daughter, Now my ex and her husband have divorced, They have had problems with the girl and she was sent to couseling and she told the Couselor that she wants to see me and my new daughter, My ex is wanting to bring her here to visit...

Is there a way to reverse the Step parent adoption??
Only if you re-adopt the child. The child is a legal stranger to you now. If your ex wants to involve you in visitation, that is her choice, but unless you re-adopt the child, she is under no obligation to do so.

Bunky12699

Adoption Reversal

Michigan

I understand the part about her being able to visit.. and you mention that I can readopt but can I do this while she is a child??

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I suspect you really need to talk to a local adoption attorney about this. I really can't imagine that a court would allow you to adopt the child unless you and Mom are back together. Plus Dad would have to give his consent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">