• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Religion as a defense for marijuana?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oneandonlyone

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

I am sure this has been asked on numerous occasions. I wish there was a search feature on this board. Anyways, my question is if religion can be used as a defense for marijuana use. I guess the most well known religion would be Ras Tafari, but there is one other religion that I have looked into. www.thc-ministry.org

The website claims that US courts have upheld the constitution's freedom of religion provision, and that by joining this religion you would be protected. Now, I know a scam when I see one, but I am not sure in this case. They claim that no one has been convicted in court while using this religion as a defense.

Can anyone find case law that would back up these claims? Any at all?

You Are Guilty

oneandonlyone said:
What is the name of your state? Arkansas

I am sure this has been asked on numerous occasions. I wish there was a search feature on this board. Anyways, my question is if religion can be used as a defense for marijuana use. I guess the most well known religion would be Ras Tafari, but there is one other religion that I have looked into. www.thc-ministry.org

The website claims that US courts have upheld the constitution's freedom of religion provision, and that by joining this religion you would be protected. Now, I know a scam when I see one, but I am not sure in this case. They claim that no one has been convicted in court while using this religion as a defense.

Can anyone find case law that would back up these claims? Any at all?
At a bare minimum, it would be a good idea to get off the weed before your trial date.

First, there is a search button, look on the blue bar near the top of the page.

Second, there is no such thing as freedom of religion to smoke marijuana. Go into court with that one and the judge is likely to double your sentence for being so gullible.

Third, you clearly do not know a scam when you see one.

Fourth, I happen to be the nephew of Prince Ali Ngmuoto, former Prime Minister of Lower Zamunda, who is in need of you assistance to recoup some of the $14.500.000 US to which he is the rightful heir. If you were to post your bank account number and PIN, we can wire you this money without intervention of Prince Akeem of Zamunda, head of police, and for which you would be paid 10% US for your assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">