• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual harrasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pooba

What is the name of your state?Washington state:
If some student in my college were doing something that I felt was sexually insulting to me, would the college have a right to say something to them? I believe if they were teachers the college could do something about it, em' I correct? This also took place outside in the smoking area.

BelizeBreeze

Will a cow give chocolate milk after eating a hershey's bar?
You want an answer ask a specific question about a specific set of circumstances.

pooba

This is a topic we are going over in Medical Law class. I was unaware that sexual harrasment did not have to involve you directly. The topic was brought up when the teacher who used to teach high school had a insident brought up in the school she taught at that two teachers where called into the administration office when someone reported them to be sitting between ones legs during a assembly and this offended someone. The teacher asked if it was at the college would this be happening. If two students were making out and I found this to be offensive, would the college have the right to say something to the students? We did'nt know because we are there by choice. What if they were the teachers making out? Thank you for any advice on the matter.

S

seniorjudge

Q: If two students were making out and I found this to be offensive, would the college have the right to say something to the students?
A: No and neither would you.

Q: What if they were the teachers making out?
A: The employer could say something to the employees but you couldn't say anything.

Are they teaching in university these days that we must be protected from ALL things offensive? If they are, then you have a big shock coming: it's called LIFE.

Definitions of Sexual Harassment on the Web:

A form of sex discrimination that involves unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature. For more detailed definitions, see AFI 36-1201, Discrimination Complaints, or AFI 36-2706, Military Equal Opportunity and Treatment Program.
https://www.patrick.af.mil/45SW/IG/Definitions.htm

Any form of sexual attention that is unwelcome •Discrimination
elo.legalaid.qld.gov.au/asp/glossary/glossary.asp

The mental or emotional harm of one individual by another individual in the same company.
www.nbrii.com/Create_/Questions/Definitions/definitions.html

A form of discrimination that is broadly interpreted to include sexually suggestive remarks, unwanted touching, any physical or verbal act that indicates sexual advances or requests sexual favors, a promise of rewards or hidden threats by a supervisor to induce emotional attachment by a subordinate, and a "hostile environment" based on sex.
highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0256252564/student_view0/glossary.html

Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature that are made a condition of employment, used as a basis for employment decisions or create a work environment that interferes with job performance. Most standard Business Owner’s Policies exclude coverage for sexual harassment claims. (See Employment Practices Liability Insurance.)
www.highlandagency.com/Glossary.htm

unwelcome sexual behavior by a supervisor toward an employee
www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">